Taking proper dental care is important. By practising good oral hygiene at home and getting regular dental checkups can help keep your smile bright and healthy for a lifetime!
Here are a few simple ways that you can practice to prevent the build-up of plaque and cavities:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush keeps your teeth healthy and strong. Fluoride toothpaste helps remove food particles and plaque from the crevices of your teeth. Brushing the top of your tongue will remove any extra plaque and keep your breath fresh at times during the day! Rinsing your mouth with mouthwash helps kill bacteria that causes bad breath. Keep yourself hydrated at all times to avoid stomach acid to make your taste go sour. So, drink lots of water!
- Floss your teeth at least once a day. It helps remove decay-causing bacteria and plaque that lingers between your teeth and under the gum line.
- Avoid sugar diet and instead follow a balanced diet. Nutritious foods such as raw vegetables, fruits, plain yoghurt, cheese help keep your teeth healthy.
- Remember to schedule regular dental checkups with your dentist at least every six months.
- Ask your dentist about dental sealants, a protective plastic coating that can be applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth where decay often starts.
- If you play sports, be sure to ask your dentist about special mouthguards designed to protect your smile.
If it’s been six months since your last dental checkup, then it’s time to contact our practice and schedule your next appointment!