We have convenient payment options for you to choose from. Most of the major insurance companies like Manulife, Great-West Life, Coughlin, Sun Life are linked with Island Dental Park. We are happy to help you submit your insurance claims to the insurance companies. We also offer interest-free payment plans to our clients, but that comes with an eligibility criteria. We normally accept payments through Visa, MasterCard, Debit, Cheque or Cash.
Important Things You Should Know About Dental Insurance:
- Most insurance companies have an annual cap on the insurance cover listed under the policy and most of these policies do not cover 100%.
- Fee guidelines are established annually by the Ontario Dental Association (ORA). Island Park Dental follows the latest fee guidelines issued by ORA.
- Many insurance policies have a deductible. This is the amount you’ll pay towards your dental treatment before your insurance coverage begins.
- There are some of the dental services or treatments that are clinically necessary but are not covered by dental insurance companies. These exclusions are usually mentioned in your insurance booklet.
- Dual coverage is when each spouse is covered by separate insurance plans. The insurance companies usually coordinate the benefits so the patient doesn’t receive more than 100% of the treatment cost. Children must first be put under the insurance plan of the parent whose month of birth comes first. The patient/guardian will require a secondary insurance claim form that can be submitted to the secondary insurance plan to receive the co-pay. Only the first claim can be processed electronically by the dental office. The secondary insurance form is given to the patient/guardian to send to the secondary company for the co-pay.