COVID 19 has certainly changed the way we go about our daily routines and has affected each and everyone of our lives. Our team at Island Park Dental is very pleased to welcome all patients back to our office to continue our ongoing treatment and care plans. We would like to take the opportunity to assure you that the safety of our patients and of our team is of utmost importance to us. We are strictly adhering to the policies set forth by our regulatory bodies such as Ottawa and Ontario Public Health authorities, OSHA and Infection Prevention and Control Canada(IPAC). This means that you’ll notice some changes in the ways that we go about our business at the office. Here are some of the examples of the changes that have been made for the safety of our staff and patients.
- Some screening questions will be asked when we call you to book an appointment. You will also be asked to fill in some screening forms online or at the time of your appointment.
- When you arrive at the office for your appointment, please call us to let us know of your arrival. If you do not have a cell phone or other device to communicate, please confirm this prior to your scheduled appointment so that we can arrange for reception to greet you down stairs.We kindly ask you to remain outside of the office until we are ready to proceed with your appointment. We understand that there are some circumstances such as weather, different modes of travel and patient needs that could make waiting outside difficult. If any of these issues are a concern of yours, please let reception know when you arrive so that we can accommodate you as best possible.
- We are limiting the number of persons in the office at a given time. So you are advised to come to the office unaccompanied unless it is absolutely necessary.
- We practice strict hand hygiene and face covering protocol at the office at all times. So you’ll be asked to wear a mask to the office and use the hand sanitizer at the entrance as soon as you enter the premises. You’ll find hand sanitizers at multiple locations in the office and are encouraged to use them.
- We encourage social distancing in the office at all times and your appointments are being booked accordingly to ensure we can provide you with a safe environment.
- Your temperature and oxygen saturation level will be checked by a staff member when you come to the reception area. You will be required to use hand sanitizer again at this time.
- You’ll find that the most chairs have been removed from the waiting area to promote social distancing. All magazines, newspapers, and toys have been removed from the waiting area to reduce touch points as well.
- There are plexiglass barriers in the reception area. Only one person is being allowed at the reception area at a time. You are requested to wait inside the operatory or to wait at the designated area until the receptionist is ready to see you.
- All the common areas are continuously being disinfected several times a day as per public health guidelines.
- The staff is wearing more protective equipment for certain procedures than during normal times.
- When you are seated in the dental chair, you’ll be asked to rinse with a preprocedural rinse in order to reduce the possible viral and bacterial load in your mouth.
- We are using a heavy duty HEPA air purification system in all operatories and waiting areas to promote clean circulating air.
We value your trust and confidence in us and will do our best to continue to provide you with the same kind of service that you have come to expect of us over the years.
The team at Island Park Dental